Exhibit One: This little beauty was the result of two seconds of taking my eyes off of her this evening.
Exhibit Two: This is her favorite book. To read and to eat.
Exhibit Three: The Piece de Resistance - the most NOMable book she has.
Of all the things I thought I would be saying a lot during toddlerhood, "We don't eat books!" was not chief among them.
Her appetite for books has even led to secrecy. (I think this is what defines a true book-eating disorder.) She can be found hunched behind the kitchen island eating books. She can be found pretty much anywhere, looking over her shoulder, book perched precariously close to her open mouth, ready to eat the book.
Don't get me wrong, I love the newfound interest in books. I couldn't even get her to pay attention to a book for months. She also reads them with enjoyment now but I can't be sure if reading or eating is the more enjoyable book-related activity.
I think it will all be okay. Hopefully one day she will cease eating books. If not, tune in to one of those TLC type shows about "My Weird Eating Obsession" in a decade or two and there she will be. Still eating her books.
And drinking her milk out of bottles.
:)
ReplyDeleteWill you be around September 10th-11th? Trying to decide if we should make the trip up with my husband and when goes for drill. Would love to see the book-eating in action.
Ha! And I thought those board books were supposed to be indestructible!
ReplyDeleteHA! Carter ate a cover last night as well (-:
ReplyDeleteThe board book is his favorite! Have a great week-end!
As a teacher, I must say that I love your little girl and her love of books!!!!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that I directed a bloggy friend of mine, Elizabeth, to come over and read your posts about vaccinations. I loved what you had to write, and it helped me to feel confident about giving vaccinations, and I remember it from so long ago.