Monday, October 3, 2011

Dilemma No More

Phew. My conscience is clear. And I didn't have to get involved.

Today I was running the scenario by some coworkers. One thought I was too far removed from the couple to get involved. One thought I should tell my friend, but only because he thought it would create drama which would be funny.

I was showing my coworkers the evidence on face.book and Post.Secret. Right after they left my office I clicked my friend's friend list to look up the cheated-upon-wife. (I know, I am a crazy fb stalker.) She was no longer in my friend's list.

Hmm, that seemed odd. She was just there yesterday. So I googled the cheater's name and went to his twit.ter. Oh! Suddenly his tweets are on lockdown and you can only see them if authorized! This was a clear indication to me that the proverbial sh#t done hit the fan.

So I texted my friend. Our convo:

Me: I wanted to ask if there was some major drama today in the world of [City] Roller Derby. I have a feeling it's a yes.

Friend: I've been at work all day... what's going on?!

Me: Do you ever look at Post.Secret?

Friend: Oh shit. Yes. We saw it yesterday.

Me: I don't even know those people and it took me two minutes to find out his name once I saw the green jacket.

Friend: Sad part is [he] didn't send that. Someone is trying to ruin him. He did f*%# up and make a mistake, has told his wife and they are trying to re-group. It is awful. All across the derby world and U.S.

Me: Did his wife know before it was online?

Friend: Yeah, it happened about 6 months ago. I don't know why someone would do that. Revenge I guess.


Hmm, can we think of someone who would be angry with a man that cheated on his wife? Perhaps a woman who was interested enough to do something stupid with him and then be pissed when he told his wife? My vote is on the co-cheater(s?).

Anyway, I feel really bad for the wife. How embarrassing. I don't feel bad for the dude for getting caught but I don't think it's right to air someone else's dirty laundry like that, complete with a picture. It has the possibility to hurt so many more people than just him.

It actually made me think that perhaps Post.Secret should have a policy against posting actual photographs. What if the sender doesn't have the right to the photograph? Obviously there's the potential to seriously violate other peoples' privacy. I guess in this day and age you can't expect to have privacy.

This is why I often say that I am oh so glad I went to college before the rise of digital cameras and face.book!

1 comment:

  1. i did get a kick out of reading this whole drama but never heard of post.secret before!!

    ReplyDelete