Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lotsa Good News

Well, things are doing a bit better on a lot of fronts. Here are some updates:

Hubby went to the doctor for his latest blood test results. So to recap, his prolactin level was over 400 at the time of the first test. It should be less than 20. After a little over a month of treatment the level is now at... 1.6!!!! Completely normal and even the doctor was surprised at how well the medicine worked. The plan is to stay on it a while, then go off and continue testing. Usually, people need several rounds of treatment before the tumors will stay away for good.

My hair seems to have stopped falling out. On my own personal scale of hair-falling-out-ness, I would rate it at low or medium every day for the last week or so. Before that it was high. As a point of reference, post-partum it was apocalyptic. I am going to go ahead and assume it was from changing my birth control. Which, on a different note, I am happy about because my first period was so much better than with the Yas.min. Thank the Lord! Only had headaches two days the whole week.

As for my mystery rashes...things are better. I went to another dermatologist. Apparently, my face was addicted to the steroids. So I guess my face was just 'roid raging. She said your skin on your face quickly becomes accustomed to using the topical steroids and then freaks out when you stop and you just have to get through that bad part. So I was being bad and kind of using them on and off and that was making things BAD. I have to use very gentle cleanser and lotion and use a new prescription topical cream. I also have to make sure my skin doesn't hang out with high school or professional athletes after 9pm on dark street corners. No more 'roids! Anyway, the new treatment regimen seems to have helped a lot. I don't itch much at all anymore and my face and neck look much better. I have also started taking Zyr.tec every day but it seems I might be in the 12% that gets really drowsy from it so I may have to stop. I guess I won't know how much that has helped or not until I stop it.

I also have an interview coming up in Michigan. I have been told it's a lovely area but I have never given much thought to moving to Michigan. So I don't know how I feel about it. But we'll be travelling there soon so we'll see how we like it. For starters I just hope I like the job and company!

Oh, and I still have to tell you about how we are a pacifier-free household!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad that things are looking up in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear! hope you like michigan! are you a snow person? i love living in the midwest, but then again i love snow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love MIchigan. I only lived there for less than a year in 2000, but the people are so awesome and down to earth, and fall is the best. They have apple trees and apple picking and apple cider! Love love love it. What part of Michigan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo glad that things are looking up for you guys! :D I love hearing good news!!

    Michigan, huh?? Could be a great opportunity. Hope it works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in MI and most of my family still lives there (Grand Rapids, East Lansing and Ann Arbor). Having lived both places, I think that it's very similar (in terms of the people) to Minnesota, so hopefully you'll enjoy it if you end up there. Glad things are looking up for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad things are going well for you all!! Good luck with the interview and I hope you like Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete