Friday, October 19, 2012

So Much to Say, So Overdue

Please excuse me as I clear away all the dust and cobwebs...

I'm a Hoosier y'all!!

Remember my last post 1800 years ago? I pondered what a resident of Indiana is known as... Turns out that it is actually and officially a Hoosier. What exactly is a Hoosier, you ask? Well, nobody agrees on that but all of the possible definitions basically mean hick. So hooray for me(?)!

Anyway, I've been thinking about writing for all of the past 1800 years that I've been gone but it just seems like so much has happened in the meantime that I just don't even know where to start or what to include.

I imagine I have 0.04 readers left so it probably doesn't matter. So maybe I should just make a really vague bullet-type list and if anybody reads and/or cares and/or has questions and/or I feel like elaborating, then I will elaborate. Geez, my reader(s) are so lucky to have my stellar blog. Here we go.

  • Moved to Indiana. Yay, there was never a real winter so my Arizona-fied body didn't freeze to death!
  • Being away from hubby for four months was far worse than I thought it would be. On the day that he finally arrived with my dad (and his brother who helped drive) for good I bawled on his shoulder for like five minutes. I vaguely remember my BIL taping it.
  • C finally got to drinking and tolerating actual cow's milk, but refused it out of a sippy cup - ever. She now drinks it out of a big girl cup and apparently that is an acceptable way to enjoy milk. For awhile all we had was water (refused juice from sippy cup too).
  • Hubby got a teaching job here and likes it but he has to bring work home for the first time ever in his 9-year career because Indiana has all these new teacher performance requirements so he has to make goals, gather all this proof, make formal lesson plans, and a bunch of other B.S. that really good teachers like him should not have to do but whatever.
  • My job is in the crapper. Yep, the one we moved 1700 miles for. Very shortly after starting, there were a bunch of layoffs and we were on the brink of bankruptcy (this is public knowledge - not revealing company secrets). We lost almost all of our execs to firing or resignation. Since the layoffs, many more people have left. My department can't pull in any work so I am "temporarily" working in a job that I never wanted. Company is still really struggling. Not sure what my next move is.
  • We are on the brink of potty training but putting it off a bit because...
  • We are headed to Disney World for four days next Friday!! (Goodness gracious, do I need a vacation)
  • Having a total midlife crisis about what to do with my life (career) and tired of moving and being laid off and whatnot.
  • My kid is hilarious and cute and charming 80% of the time and a teething, terrible-2's mess the other 20%. So, you know, not so bad!
  • Was at Urgent Care yesterday and exactly one month before that for the most soul sucking migraines I have ever had. A shot of ketor.olac and a shot of Zofran and, bang, good as new. It's my birth control causing it and killing me and I am kicking it to the curb and gonna get back on the TTC horse next month. Eek!
  • What kind of crazy person doesn't know where they will be working or living 6 months from now and yet is still going to try to conceive? Hahahahahahaha, that's me.
And if that was all I posted today I know my readership would most certainly fall to 0.0001 readers. And so, I will leave you with this taste of our 2-year pics from back in July and beg for your forgiveness and for you to come back to me and lead me to believe you care about me:

7 comments:

  1. Hey there, Mama!! I was thinking about you recently and wondered how you guys were doing. :) I'm happy to be one of your 0.04 readers!

    Sounds like you guys have been busy. Sorry to hear that all hasn't been as you'd hoped. Fingers crossed and prayers said that things look up for you very, very soon.

    Miss Priss is ADORABLE and has gotten so big. She looks great for 1800 years to have passed! ;p Where does the time go?

    And can I just say from the TTC arena...you'll truly never be "ready" for another baby. I mean, really? As I sit here baking this baby, due in a couple of weeks, we're STILL not ready. Finances, jobs, situations change and nothing is as we expect it to be when we expect it to be that way. Follow your heart, Mama. You know in advance that it might not be an easy road (hello? just think of where you've been)but that it'll be worth it in the long run. Throw your hat into the 'crazy' ring...it's fun here! ;D

    Glad you're back...don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also thinking about you recently! So great to hear from you!

    Can I just say "wow!". C is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

    I'm so sorry to hear that the move and the jobs didn't turn out to be everything you had hoped. I hope that things will improve.

    Thinking of you as you look forward to bringing C a sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay so happy to hear from you!! Sorry about the dismal job sitch. :( And that hubby has to do so much extra work outside of work hours. But so glad you are all back together!! And look how beautiful your little girl is!! Good luck on the TTC front. 6 weeks from my due date I can say I'm emotionally ready, but as for having things prepared or any idea how to parent 2 kids...yeah not really there yet. But I remember feeling similar with LD and life just works itself out. Hope to hear from you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you! I can't believe your job situation is so tenuous - again! Must be stressful.
    C is so beautiful, and looking so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the 0.04! Glad to hear from you! That sucks about your job....man. C is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back! Did you sign a contract where you're at now, or are you able to job-hunt in the area for something better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear updates! i miss your blog! hope the midwest is treating you well and that the winter is tolerable this year. your little girl is DARLING!!! and am i the only one who read "so overdue" who thought, "HOLY COW IS SHE PREGNANT AND GIVING BIRTH ALREADY WITHOUT US KNOWING?!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete