Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trying for Baby #2


Is that an empty fiver of clomid? Why yes, friends, it is!

We're officially trying.

This time around is different and weird so I have no idea what is going on right now. I took the fifth pill on Friday. But apparently the world has changed drastically since my last rodeo in 2009. I didn't have a period this time and I wasn't given progesterone to induce one. I'm told now if you don't have a natural period you just start taking the clomid and call that Day 1. Except then all the days are different than a normal cycle and I have no idea when to expect ovulation. I pretended that the clomid was days 5-9 (what my doc would do with a period) and started testing for ovulation today, Day 11. No line yet; no surprise. So, we wait. I wasn't going to temp this time around because I'm all cocky having a success under my belt and everything. But then I decided that this is so different and it would be nice to have the info. So I guess I better start that tomorrow.

To back up, I was supposed to quit birth control and start the clomid the same month. That would have been easier because I would have had a "period". But oh woe the headaches I was having! I think I told you about my two trips to urgent care. I couldn't take it anymore. So I quit the birth control but I wasn't ready to take the clomid yet. For one thing because any resulting baby would have been due at the same time as C's birthday but more importantly because I was lazy and hadn't been taking my folic acid long enough (naughty!).

On a side note I am still having headaches almost daily. Some days are worse than others but at least no more migraines (knock on wood). I am not sure if it is still hormonal or from my neck being a mess or a little of both. I went to a new chiropractor on Black Friday (they had a promotion called "Back Friday", heh heh). They did some scan along my spine and he proceeded to say, "Your neck is messed up young lady" and then he looked at the info sheet I filled out and said, "Oh, and here you have indicated that your neck is messed up". Long story short he gave me the craziest, scariest, biggest adjustments of my life, I almost cried from relief, and now we are best friends. There is still work to be done to make up for the long time I have been without a proper adjustment but I hope it will help with the headaches. God willing.

Well, I detect that C's nap is over. I will keep you posted on the cycle.

And thanks for all the love on my last post. I still have more than 0.4 readers! Very exciting!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Sending baby dust your way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the TTC train and also with the chiro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking if you! I hope for a quick, uncomplicated success! And I hope that you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete