Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Keeping Them

I have always felt ripped off by the Boob Fairy. When she was passing out boobs to some of the girls in middle school, I was passed over. I remember the swimming unit in 8th grade gym class being difficult for me, and not because I couldn't swim. When she was passing out boobs to the rest of the girls in high school, I was again overlooked. Finally, by the time I was about 20, the measly set I ended up with had shown up. I blame the hormones. I believe I was destined to have bigger ones, if even only a cup size more. The same hormones that made my period almost non-existent somehow robbed me of what was rightfully mine.

Lately, I had noticed that my bras were getting a little tight. Other changes in the girls had definitely been noted. Yesterday, I suddenly reached the breaking point. My bra felt like it was suffocating me all day and it even gave me heartburn (yes, wearing clothes too tight can give you heartburn!). So even though I felt crappy, it was off to Vic.toria's Sec.ret for me.

Trying on bras has always been a struggle for me. Those "nearly A" and AA's were definitely too small but I always had trouble filling out most A cups. I had to search and search to find just the right fit. But yesterday, I stayed with the same band size but got to move up a cup size!! And I could fill out any I tried on. It still took me forever to find what I wanted (hubby texted me twice to make sure I hadn't died), like an hour and a half. But I am the proud new owner of B cups.

And after this pregnancy is over, I'm keeping them. And any additional pre-milk growth also. I don't care what you say.

10 comments:

  1. Ok I could have totally written this post. Except for the part about the tight bra giving me heartburn. Boob Fairy missed me. And when she bypassed I was also not blessed with a period. I've been in love with what this pregnancy has meant for my boobs too though!! I refuse to move up a bra size because for the first time in my life, even though it's completely uncomfortable, I have cleavage!! Something I NEVER imagined I'd have!! Congrats on the new bra from someone who knows what it's like to be skipped by the B. Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping mine too! They do make my life more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! :)

    I'm totally jealous because not only did the Boob Fairy skip over me in my youth, that witch has pretty much left me high and dry during pregnancy, too! No major changes for me...I'm really holding out for when my milk comes in after P gets here. ;p

    Enjoy that B cup for me, too, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have mine! Let me know whenever you want to arrange the switch! Mine won't stop growing! They are bigger then my belly!! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I'm hoping the opposite (if I get pregnant) that they will shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept saying the same thing during my pregnancy. I'm not well endowed either. For what its worth, I like the shape of my post-baby boobs better than my pre. They look like boobs now and not cupcakes. lol

    Good for you for treating yourself to a VS bra! I need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me laugh! I think I'm the only girl who had small boobs before she got pregant who is praying they return to being small ASAP! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe I definitely giggled! You know that damned boob fairy passed me over until I was about 20 and now that's how people know me..."oh, the girl with the ridiculously large..." lol I would love to get rid of 'em. DH would probably kill me though!

    ReplyDelete