Ever since I heard this song years ago I knew I would one day sing it to my baby. I started singing it to her while I was pregnant. It was one of the things I was terrified to do because I was afraid it would make me too attached in case something bad happened. I think a lot of us do things like that even though deep down we realize that from the time we see those two lines or hear those beta results there is nothing we can do to keep a bad outcome from being devastating.
In any case, one day on the way home from work I could no longer resist and from then on we (baby and I) sang it on the way home almost every day. And now I can look at her little face and sing it to her. Sometimes it makes me cry and sometimes I just smile. I'm pretty sure she likes it too because it always gets her to stop crying and she just stares at me.
Singing it to her is every bit as good as I imagined it would be.
From my favorite band, Foo Fighters, this is 'Miracle'
Crazy but I believe this time
Begging for sweet relief
A blessing in disguise
Dying behind these tired eyes
I’ve been losing sleep
Please come to me tonight
Hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
Believe it or not, hands on a miracle
And there ain’t no way
I’d let you take it away
Everything that we’ve survived
It’s gonna be alright
Just lucky we’re alive
Got no vision
I’ve been blind
Searching everywhere
You’re right here in my sights
Hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
Believe it or not, hands on a miracle
And there ain’t no way
I’d let you take it away
Hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
Believe it or not, hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
And there ain’t no wa
I’d let you take it away
Take it away
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry I am so behind on reading your blog. :( I feel bad.
ReplyDeleteI love this song, and I am so glad that your darling baby is here so you can sing it to her while you look at her sweet face and remember how hard you fought for her and feel how much you love her. It was all totally worth it, wasn't it? Motherhood is so much more than I ever imagined it could be. I'm sure you feel the same way.
Give your sweet little baby girl a kiss for me.