Friday, April 30, 2010

The Appointment

Hello all! I had a fabulous birthday because everything at our appointment went great. Well, almost everything.

The Good: Baby Girl looks great. The tech used the words "beautiful heart" which made my heart happy. :) Good heart rate for baby, good blood pressure for me. She measured 28w4d and was actually 28w6d so no worries there. Also my cervix is the same as 8 weeks ago so no more shrinking. Yay! The ultrasound tech was so quick so we didn't get the best show but we did get some beautiful pics:





I just love looking at her face! But on to...

The Bad: She is breech. It's obviously still early and she definitely could turn but my interwebs research has told me that at this point being breech means she has a higher chance of staying breech. I'm not too worried but (a) don't want a c-section and (b) REALLY don't want one of those scary versions (where they try to externally turn the baby). I have seen those on tv and it looked awful! Yikes! But if she persists in the breech position I will definitely want a c-section. I wouldn't risk injury during birth just to do a vaginal. But let's hope it's not an issue!

Although apparently being breech has one benefit - easy access for the 3D images. My doctor said, "Oh breech babies are the best for face shots! I bet you got great pictures!" Why yes we did. :)

The Sucky: I found out this morning that I failed my glucose test. It was 152 and their cut off is 140. I was surprised. I really thought I would pass! I will do the three hour test on Monday (have to take another darn half day - not pleased about that) and hopefully that one will work out ok. I ate lunch much later than I planned (2pm) and I drank the stuff at 3pm so hopefully my lunch just threw it off. We'll see. Wish me luck! I am also "very slightly" anemic but this doesn't surprise me at all. It's not even enough to need extra iron supplements so I'm happy about that.

I guess on Monday I will be finishing that book I've been reading!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Aren't they awesome!! Sorry about failing the test. Hopefully the next one will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little girl!! I hope she works her way down on her own. My OB keeps telling me there's still time. My OB told me my little one is head down now, but he feels exactly the same as he did when she told me he was transverse so I'm sort of questioning her right now, but we'll see. I still get what I think are kicks and punches on both sides of my belly and he pushes out on both sides too so if he's not transverse he's quite a contortionist!! I read about those procedures to flip the baby and I absolutely don't blame you for knowing you'd do c-section before that. Those look awful, I'm sorry about the glucose test. :( I got 137, my cut off was 140, but I feel like 137 isn't much better than 140. Good luck with the 3 hour test!! Hoping all comes back well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a good birthday overall though; what precious pictures! I failed the first test with a 176 (WOA I know) but passed the 2nd one by a landslide. I'm sticking to the theory that the 1 hr test is totally wack and not all that accurate. I wouldn't be too nervous; you'll be fine! Good luck and make sure it is a good book (LOL).

    I won't lie, you got me a tad worried about the whole breech baby thing! (and I was so good about not being a worry-wort haha). Oh well, there is still lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! It is all very exciting. I will probably fail my glucose test too..PCOS does that to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jill...your baby girl is simply beautiful! :) What a wonderful birthday gift!!

    Sorry to hear about the GTT...the 3-hour test is no picinic either. :( Try to limit your carbs before the test and that might help...at least it did for me. And P has been breech at some of our recent checks...then transverse...then oblique...then head down...then breech again! She's still apparently got plenty of room (and time) to move, so I bet your baby girl does, too. Fingers crossed that it won't be a worry to you.

    Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great appt! I love the pictures of that cute baby girl's face!
    I'm sorry you didn't pass the 1 hour. A lot of people for some odd reason. I know you will pass the 3 hour with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pretty girl!
    and happy birthday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so beautiful!!! congratulations and belated happy birthday wishes!! Good luck on your next GT test!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!!

    I hope the test today goes well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! I love the 3D ultrasounds. Wasn't it the neatest experience ever?

    C-sections aren't bad. Although I guess it depends on your pain tolerance. I didn't have any trouble with mine. No pain going up or down stairs or anything like that. The worst was trying to get into bed by putting a knee up and trying to hoist myself in, rather than sitting down on the edge and rotating in. Other than that, it wasn't too bad at all. I'm not even scared for my surgery this month where I will be having another c-section, only there won't be any baby. lol

    I hope you had a fantastic birthday. Good luck with the glucose test. Although if you fail, GD isn't that bad either. Again, been there, done that. lol

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful baby girl! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments on my concerns about having a girl, and for being so understanding and non-judgemental. I look forward to following your story!

    ReplyDelete