Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Cute Start to My Day

My cell phone started making some kind of noise at about 5:20 am this morning. It was too early to distinguish the ring tone from the text tone from the alarm tone from the scheduling tone, etc. I picked up the phone and saw that I was receiving a text from my "little" cousin (who is apparently unaware of the 2 hour time difference between MN and AZ). She recently turned 18 and is graduating from high school. It ended up being hilarious, maybe only to me, but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll present it to you with interjections of my groggy thoughts in italics:

Cell phone: Beep beep beep.

Me: What the?

Text from cousin: I just got some stuff from fifth grade back. You were my most admired person.

My text: What?!

Text from cousin: I'm at our senior breakfast and my fifth grade teacher brought a whole bunch of stuff we did in fifth grade and I wrote about you as my most admired person.

Me: That is so sweet! I wonder why she picked me? Hmmm, that was about 7 years ago so I was probably in graduate school. At that point I was the only person ever in our family to get a college degree. Maybe that's why...

My text: That is so sweet! What did you admire about me?

Text from cousin: I have no idea.

Me: (uncontrollable fits of laughter which wake up hubby and require an explanation)

My text: Thanks a lot. I guess I was not so worthy of your admiration. ;)


I love it. "I have no idea." I've been giggling about it all day.

3 comments:

  1. aww that is a sweet text to get first thing int the morning!!! I like how honest she is with you about her reasons why she picked you...hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I would have laughed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny. I hope she figures it out. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete