Baby Girl is already over one month old! Wow! Actually she is now over 5 weeks considering how long it has taken me to get to this post.
Everything is going really well! Hubby is back at work which has been hard on both of us. We can't sleep in so we are more tired and if I want a shower it has to be at 6am, at which time I am usually still trying to get a few more minutes of sleep.
Baby girl has her good days and bad. Some days she is happy all day long and some days she is fussy all day long. She still was having issues with the gas so we decided to go back to trying the gas drops. The doctor said not to use both gripe.water and the gas drops. The gas drops seem to be doing a little better this time around and we can give them to her more frequently. I would say she cries just as much as any other baby but she seems so tortured by it that it breaks my heart. In general I know she is doing very well though.
At her one month appointment she weighed 8lb 8 oz. Wow! Even though that could be a normal birth weight it is two full pounds more than her birth weight. She is a good eater and has really filled out! No longer a skinny baby! She also had her second HepB shot and took it like a champ.
This past weekend we had hubby's parents, siblings and their significant others in town. They all had a great time meeting Baby Girl. Grandpa would hardly share with anyone else. He has been asking for grandkids for years and she is their first. She spent much time being adored! We also had her baptised on Sunday and it was a beautiful experience. I felt the pastor made it very special.
That's about all that's going on around here!
P.S. Someone asked about gripe.water. It contains ginger and fennel so it is supposed to be a more natural way to relieve tummy problems. It is indicated for "colic" so I am not sure it is the most effective thing for gas specifically. It may be very good for indigestion/reflux problems. Maybe that is why we are having more success with the gas drops since we are certain her discomfort is from gas.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear that things are going well! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month Baby Girl!! I know exactly what you mean about grandparents not wanting to share; it happens here daily :).
ReplyDeleteHappy one month Baby Girl!! Sounds like she had a super weekend meeting her family!!
ReplyDeleteOk in my new mommy stupor I completely forgot about your last post about Baby Girl having the same thing happen as Little Dude is. We did get the Gripe Water. Our pedi wanted us to start with Mylicon and said we could try Gripe Water if that didn't help, but I'd rather do Gripe Water. I just haven't given it to him yet. He hasn't had a major meltdown since the pedi okayed the Mylicon and Gripe Water. The little ones he's had I talk myself out of giving him anything for.
Awww, awesome. Glad everything is going great.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I dread about being a new mother again is the lack of sleep for the first couple months. As if post partum wasn't bad enough, the lack of sleep makes it downright brutal.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear baby girl has been fussy. It is so hard for us mothers when our babies aren't content. We just want them to be happy all of the time, and it is heart wrenching when they aren't. Luckily it passes. Each day is better than the last, and each milestone is just as fun as all the ones that came before it. :)