Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Weight

I missed my blogoversary two weeks ago. I knew it was coming but was too busy to post anything. I was actually planning to post a one year retrospective as a way to end my blog and then quit blogging. Somehow I guess that didn't happen because here I am, for now anyways.

So, on to my weight. I am annoyed with it. The number on the scale is going the wrong way! Yes, I had lost all but 2 pounds of my pregnancy weight. Now I am up 5, so 7 overall. Add that to the (at least) 5 pounds I would have liked to lose before I got pregnant. Realistically, I'd like to lose 10 pounds from right now.

Please don't bitch at me about only having to lose 10 pounds. I know this is by no means a serious problem. But there are several reasons I am frustrated by this.

1) I have always been thin. When I was a kid and teen I was downright skinny. I started high school weighing less than 100 pounds. All my life growing up I heard how skinny I was. All the time. I ate whatever I wanted and never had to worry about it. When society teaches us it's desirable to be thin and you have been your whole life, it's a bit hard to face that you may have to work for it now. (Again, don't yell at me. Thinness has been my only genetic gift. I guarantee you have better skin, nicer hair, straighter teeth, and bigger boobs than me. I'd keep the weight if someone would bump me up a cup size or two.)

2) I bought new clothes to go back to work two weeks ago and now even some of those are too small! Two out of five pairs of pants and at least one shirt. Dammit.

3) I don't believe in eating right and I don't believe in exercise. What I am really trying to say is that I am a junk food addict and I am lazy.

4) I have a very small frame and therefore do not carry extra weight well. If I said how much I weighed some people would probably murder me but I have friends of the same height who weigh more than I do now and look much better. It's also about being toned and muscular, neither of which I am anywhere near.

So now, what to do? As I said, I hate exercise. I find it so boring. Not to mention difficult. :) I like biking but that is kind of out of the question with an infant. My husband would want to come too and I hear it is frowned upon to leave babies home alone. Can you bike with a baby carrier on? That seems dangerous. But I also love to dance so I am thinking maybe one of those dance-type workouts? Have any of you tried those? I'm not talking about those ridiculous Flirty Girl fitness videos. I'm not installing a stripper pole in my living room. But something like Zumba? I would want to get videos because I don't want to get a gym membership. Even that may not work because if I want to buy something my husband will point to my chronically unused Tae.Bo and The.Firm videos. I hate those things.

The good news is that the weather will soon be nice here. It is almost outdoors time of the year here just as that is wrapping up for most of the country. We can go for walks but unless I do that every day for hours (obviously not likely) it will not be enough. Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. THIS MIGHT BE THE FUNNIEST POST EVERRR!!!

    #3 made me laugh sooo hard!! You have no idea how much I love junk food too!!! Completely in love.

    And the comment about biking with a baby in a carrier, OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I SAW SOMEONE DOING THAT!! I'd say that is "extreme parenting" but on the "too dangerous" side of things. LOLOL. I will do a post on "extreme parenting" soon for sure. I vowed to do it the day I saw that lady doing it.


    My college weight is like a distant memory and not really attainable for me LOL but reminds me of a funny story. I met Nick during my soph year of college (his freshman year). WE BOTH WEIGHED 131 lbs!!!!! SOO BIZZARE I KNOW!! But we are both 5'6'' so it makes sense. Now he is well into the 150's and I was 138 before getting pregnant. I just want to get back to 138 and to fit into my clothes again!!! I can only fit into the clothes that were so big pre-pregnany that I needed a belt for! Thank goodness I don't have to go to work this year! At least you going to work and fitting in work clothes can be motivation for you!

    You are lucky the "weather is getting nice there" because around here, winter is coming and winter is only good for watching TV and eating fudge rounds (do they have those where you live? AMAZINGGGG!!). So my fatty monthes are on their way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me... Before I got preggo I was a steady 105ish pounds from high school on, no working out or healthy eating responsible just plain old genetics. My heaviest was during my last IVF, 111 lbs. I too loathe working out and healthy food. Like seriously loathe healthy food and working out I just don't even think about period. I'm at 118-119 now and I'm a little torn about what to do. My DH is constantly telling me how good I look so I am trying not to stress too much about doing that stupid E word thing. I didn't have a 6 pack before this pregnancy but now my belly area just looks distended, not fat but untoned muscle. We have a Wii Fit and one of these days I plan to get it out and dust it off, I figure it's a video game not an exercise machine, right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yoga. I have a "Morning Yoga for Weight Loss" DVD that I really enjoy (20-30 minutes, max), and there is also an "Evening Yoga for Weight Loss"...but I don't do that nearly as much. Sure, it's exercise, but it's also relaxing and awakening at the same time. I echo the "weather finally turning nice" sentiment. I went for a walk yesterday morning, and there was actually a bit of "crispness" in the air. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see this being me in a few weeks! I also have PCOS, and before starting the fertility meds I was a steady 105 lbs... you are so right - having never had to really work at being thin, it is going to be a challange! I hate seeing the numbers rise on the scale now!
    Enjoy the great weather - maybe go on some walks/hikes? I'm sure I'll be checking on you to see how you do it when I am there! =)

    ReplyDelete