Sunday, September 20, 2009

My first ICLW!

Welcome, ICLWers! At least, I hope someone stops by this week! My blog is very new and I think I have about one reader so far. I pretty much feel like I am talking to myself right now! But that's ok, like I said, I'm the new kid. I hope a few people stop by and maybe even check in from time to time.

My story is below if you just scroll to the first post. In a nutshell, I have polycystic ovaries and anovulation. I had a miscarriage in March and haven't been able to ovulate since. We're still trying to get things going with Clomid. I fear more serious measures will be needed, but we'll see. Hubby and I just bought a house and I am looking forward to that taking my mind off of conceiving for at least a while.

Hubby and I grew up in the Midwest but now live in Arizona - quite a difference. We have two adorable Boston Terriers that provide the comic relief around here. Hubby is an elementary school teacher and I am a scientist. Being a scientist is bad because it means I am constantly thinking of things in terms of data, experiments, and cause and effect. Infertility is no exception. Basically, I overanalyze everything and drive myself crazy!

Well, introduce yourself and I hope to see you again soon!

11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have been reading your blog, your not talking to yourself.
    I have been trying to conceive for about a year and 1/2. I kinda of
    just sit back and read the blogs so I know I am not alone and that others have been where I am and have survived. I will also one day
    start my own blog, but for now I like to read them. I look forward to hearing more about your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first ICLW too! I also have PCOS and have been trying to concieve for over a year. Like the reader above me, I like to read all these blogs and know that I'm not alone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first day of ICLW!!

    I too have PCOS! What a crappy thing to have in common! I know what you mean about distractions.. I'm constantly trying to distract myself from my own thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to ICLW :) I also have pcos. Good luck with the clomid. I am currently on a clomid cycle and so far so good!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill, welcome to ICLW and the blogosphere. I didn't have the scientist aspect of overanalyzing. I had the case of too much medical knowledge causing my to second guess and worry.

    I am so sorry for your loss. Going through a miscarriage is horrible (btdt too many times).

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill,

    My husband and I have been trying to conceive since April. I'm 34, he's 38, and I have PCOS too. I'm on Metformin and Clomid and no sign of ovulation as well. I have not had a miscarriage before, but I understand the frustrations of PCOS and life. I manage a medical practice so I do have good people at my fingertips, which only makes me analyze as well! Good luck to both of us.
    www.kentandlisa.blogspot.com
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! I wish you all the best...I was in your shoes for several years. We had a M/C and tried several different things with the RE. Eventually we were successful and have a lovely daughter....you can check out the history of my blog to see what we tried...Keep at it, because it is a journey worth venturing....ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!
    We have some similarities in our TTC back story. I also have PCOS, have known for a while and put off seriously TTC through grad school with several years of "not preventing" (while my cycles were so wacky that there was little hope that anything would work). I look forward to reading along and following your story.

    Also, congratulations on the house. Hopefully you will have reason to be excited about the swing set soon! In the meantime, maybe some nice climbing vine plants?(kidding...sort of)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy ICLW!

    I am so sorry to hear that you had to suffer through a miscarriage. I hope you are recovering well (it was a long process for me!) and I wish you the best with your TTC endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to blogging. Its great to meet you. My litle blog is relatively new as well. You have my empathy with the PCOS, I'm in that stupid boat too.

    Going from the midwest to AZ? Ouch! I bet its nice to never have to drive in snow and ice, but the 90s in December would be kind of nasty too.

    I hope you don't mind if I follow along on your journey. Hopefully I can help provide you with comfort and support along your crazy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo for scientists!

    While I don't have my phd, I consider myself a "scientist" as well (small molecule translational oncology) and have worked in biotech for the past 6 years.

    What's your area of focus?

    ReplyDelete