I am so frustrated by my period. Friday was CD 35 but I thought I would give it a day or two more and then Saturday my period showed up. You'd think yay, but not so much. Today is day three of just very light spotting. This is what has been going on ever since my miscarriage. I never had this problem before. AF would show up and there'd be no question about it.
The problem is when to take the Clomid. In the past I have had three cycles with spotting for two or three days and then nothing for several days and then a full blown period. If I count the spotting as CD1 then I would still have my period halfway through my cycle. If I counted the return of AF as CD1 it didn't work either. I don't know what I can do anymore.
My OB office says that any bleeding at all is CD1 but I have heard most other people say that spotting doesn't count. What does your doctor say?
I guess I will wait at least another day since I would normally do CD3-7 for Clomid but I know some also use CD5-9. Maybe there will be a clearer picture of what is going on in the next day or two.
Sigh.... I just want to be able to do SOMETHING to try to get pregnant. I feel like I haven't been able to even try since my miscarriage in March. Mostly because I haven't.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh I feel your pain :/ I just got AF after a 70+ day long cycle and I'm just BARELY spotting. I haven't had an AF that was much more than spotting for the last year. It's so frustrating!
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice for you. I never know what to call CD1 either.
Um, my OB says that red blood is day 1. WTH? Isn't there something that they can all agree on? Spot or Red?
ReplyDeleteGah! I HATED that. I always had the same problem. I'd spot for 3-6 days before AF finally full-on reared, and I never knew when to take the chlomid. I think mine told me the same thing yours did, and I think I did what you're doing, which was to wait another day or so before taking it.
ReplyDeleteI left you a little award on my blog, if you're interested. You don't have to do it, but maybe it will help you feel better.
*Hugs*
Every website I've visited before has had different opinions on CD 1. I've seen heavy flow, spotting, red but not brown blood, any blood at ALL, etc. Great, huh? I usually just count CD 1 as the day when I need to wear a panty liner or pad all day.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what my dr would say, but I would go with heavier bleeding. When I am on clomid I do the day 5-9 thing. I know how hard waiting is. I hope that you get a definite answer soon.
ReplyDelete