Friday, September 25, 2009

Going on a Cancelled Business Trip

So a while back my boss asked me to take a professional development course. I signed up and the company paid the fee. The course was going to be on a Tuesday and Wednesday in San Francisco, which I have never visited. I asked my mom to come with me because last time I did this I was bored and lonely being at a hotel that was not near anything in a city I didn't know. We decided to make a weekend trip and leave tomorrow and we would pay for a hotel Sat and Sun night and my company would pay Mon and Tues night. My company would also pay my airfare and mom would pay hers. I booked a hotel for the first few days and prepaid to get a good deal. We also bought our airfare and I planned to get reimbursed.

Then 13 days before the class was to be held, they CANCELLED it! I am super pissed about this and let them know it. Their website says to refrain from booking travel until 4 weeks before due to possible cancellations. I never thought they would cancel 13 days before! AARRGH!

Mom and I are going for the weekend since everything was already paid for (and now won't be reimbursed). But I also had to buy new one way tickets home because we didn't want to pay hotel for two more nights and I didn't want to have to take vacation days. Stupid cancellers! I know we will have fun but I wouldn't have spent this money if not for the class!

Anywho, this will be my last post of ICLW. It has been great getting comments and I hope at least a few of you will continue to drop in. I have found lots of blogs I like, too. I didn't officially "follow" all of them because I found the updates pouring in to my dashboard to be a bit overwhelming! I'm new at this, after all! But I definitely have a bunch bookmarked and will be keeping up with them. Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. Anyone have any must-sees or must-eats near Fisherman's Wharf?

10 comments:

  1. Wow I would be PISSED! How frustrating :/

    Have a great time in San Fran! It's been a long time since my one visit there so, unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on where to go.

    BTW, if you have a bunch of blogs you want to keep up on, you might want to try go.ogle rea.der. I was hesitent to try it at first but it's really nice. I would imagine it's a lot easier to deal with than the blog dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just lovely. How considerate of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they would cancel 13 days before! I hope you have a great weekend with your mom. Good luck with TTC.

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How annoying! You and your mom have fun though!

    Good luck with everything! I'm sure I'll be stopping back by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, that is so annoying that they canceled it. I hope you have a fun time with your mom nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing I remember about San Fran are all the freaks I encountered. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when things like that happen! It seems so unfair that they can cancel with that little time to spare. And then you get stuck with the expense! Well, I hope you and your mom have a great time anyway!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a total bummer they cancelled the trip, and even moreso that you are now required to pay for the costs that would have otherwise been covered. I hope you have a fantastic time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a drag that they cancelled your class. Hoping you enjoyed San Fran anyway!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a drag and annoying! I hope that you enjoyed the weekend away with your mom anyway.

    ReplyDelete