I think I posted earlier about how my periods have been all wonky lately. I've been trying to use 50 mg of Clomid again following my m/c since June. But I'll start taking it and then get my period again at some random point in the middle of my cycle, or my period will stop for a few days and then start again and consequently overlap with my supposed ovulation time, or it just doesn't work at all. My OB and I had discussed the possibility of going on b/c for 3 months to get everything sorted out before resuming Clomid, and that is what I assumed I would hear again yesterday. Well, my OB is out right now (on maternity leave, what a bitch) so I saw someone I have had before on follicle check days. She said my last CD21 progesterone check showed I didn't ovulate (no kidding, I had my period that day) so she wants me to go up to 100 mg of Clomid. I had mixed feelings. On one hand, who wants to postpone things another 3 months? On the other hand, my period and hormones seem so out of whack that I question the ability of Clomid alone to straighten them out. Plus, it's so frustrating that the 50 mg worked so well once upon a time on the first try when I got pregnant. Stupid ovaries.
Also, she didn't want me to come in for an u/s this next cycle. She figured why waste the money until we do another CD21 check and know whether this dose will be enough. Mixed feelings again. Save money = great. Ovaries freaking out and pumping out 7 eggs and, because we didn't check, Jill becomes septomom = BAD. She reassured me that anything beyond twins is Extremely Unlikely. She doesn't know my luck. I'm gonna get pregnant with triplets for sure.
On an unrelated note, our home inspection went great and we asked for a few minor things to be fixed. Things are moving along and I have been doing much more decorating web browsing than IF browsing. Probably a good thing.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My OB wants me to try cl.omid. I don't see her until October, so my first cl.omid cycle will probably be late Oct or Nov. I'd love to hear any advice or any stories you have about it. I, too, am freaked a bit about the prospect of multiples. My BFF just popped out twins from her use of Cl.omid. They were both really healthy, though. Her first round of Clom.id produced only one, though.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Congrats on the inspection! very very exciting stuff!!!!
ReplyDelete